Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina


At what age can a child choose to live with the parent he/she prefers?

Asked on 7/14/03, 7:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Griffin The Law Office of James L. Griffin

Re: Custody

At 12 y.o, a judge will consider the wishes of a child. At 16 y.o. a child can pretty much make a choice as to which parent to live with.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/03, 10:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina