Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My daughter lives with a man who has gained permanent custody of his little brother. If something happens to the older brother, would my daughter be able to gain custody of the little boy even if they are not married?

Thank you!

Asked on 4/15/14, 8:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Possibly. The Court generally looks to the best interest of the child - if that ends up being your daughter - it is possible. However, in a custody situation there are numerous factors that would be considered so it is impossible to say with any degree of certainty who would get custody without a lot more information.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/14, 11:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina