Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

If a father has supported me somewhat through pregnancy but hasn’t been heard from since the birth of the child (call or text) and I have reached out to try and get some sort of custody agreement going between us but he isn’t responding to any of my calls or messages. What are my chances of getting full custody and him only getting visitation rights? He isn’t on the birth certificate

Asked on 5/12/20, 6:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

If he isn't on the birth certificate - you have full custody and he has no rights, not even visitation rights unless either you allow it or he asserts them in court and the court allows it.. He also won't be obligated to pay child support unless you take some legal action to force it.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/20, 6:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina