Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Can I file for full custody with no visitation rights after a father has been absent in the child’s life for 3 months ? If not, how long do I need

Asked on 5/13/20, 3:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Of course not. You don't get to unilaterally deny visitation and no Judge will do it without cause and a mere 3 month absence is likely not sufficient cause. Consult with a local family law attorney who can review your situation in detail and lay out your options for you. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/20, 5:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina