Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

if someone files for step parent adoption and termination of parental rights in one state and looses in court! can they file in another state?

Asked on 8/14/13, 10:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

The Courts will typically enforce the judgments of the other states...res judicata is a legal principle that stops people from filing suits over and over again until they get the ruling they want.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/13, 1:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina