Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My friend is divorced, current on child support and gets his five year old daughter on the weekends. He always fulfills his part of the agreement. The ex wife's father passed away six months ago and she recently took the daughter to see family in Alabama. All done with the consent of the father. Then from Alabama, she told the father that they we going to stay there for good and will not be returning to North Carolina. Now the father, who lives and works in North Carolina can not see his daughter as permitted in the custody agreement. What are his options?

Asked on 9/16/13, 2:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Get an attorney and file for contempt of the custody order

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 5:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina