Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Good Afternoon. I have a question on NC Child Custody Laws pertaining to maintaining custody of my 13 years old daughter who was coerced by her dad to live with him after he was instructed by the courts to pay an increase in child support to me for our daughter. Now, my daughter wants to live with him and I am the "bad parent" according to them because I have loved and provided support and guidance to my daughter when he was nothing but an absence parent for the most and in financial support also and now he wants to go after me for child support when he was behind. I guess my question is what legal grounds do I have to benefit my case for keeping my daughter and not being obligated to pay him any monetary compensations to him because I met him so my daughter could go with him since they were conspiring and she was using profanity in text messages to him calling me out of my name and acting as if she was mistreated. He responded by encouraging bad behavior and talking negative about me to my daughter. What can I do because I love my daughter and want her to stay with me.

Asked on 11/26/19, 11:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

If you already let her go - that was a giant screw up. If you wanted her to stay with you, then why in the world did you let her go to her fathers? At this point, you need to consult with a local family law attorney before you screw things up any worse than it appears you already have.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/19, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina