Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Hi,I am 40 years old Turkish Female and have been married for 3 years with an American man. We have 2 kidswho are 2 years and 6 months old. I have only green card .I am not working but my brother is ready to support me financially . If I want to get divorce , can I take my kids. Because my husband always says he will take 2 kids and will only see them whenever he wants.

Can you give me some information about my rights as a mom.

Thank you for your help

Sibel Kurt

Asked on 8/18/13, 3:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mueni Muli Wanjohi & Muli Law Firm PLLC

If you have been married for 3 years, you may be eligible to apply for citizenship. Seek counsel of a competent immigration attorney. You also have a constitutionally protected right to raise and care for your children. Seek child custody of your children

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 6:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina