Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My husband is committing adultery. We are still living together. He wants to put our home on the market. He says it’s due to a neighboring lot having a trailer placed on it recently and he's afraid we'll lose value.

Should I agree to selling the home? Can I use the home for any kind of leverage?

He’s unwilling to take any responsibility for this ongoing affair and just says we’re “not getting along.” I would like our marriage to work, but he won’t go into marriage counseling voluntarily.

Asked on 5/18/18, 8:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

You need to consult with a local family law attorney ASAP. If he is having an open affair, it is likely time to move on. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/18, 8:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina