Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

my husband and i have been going through divorce since 2010. I have custody of our children and he has visitation rights he never exercised. We have been separated since Feb. 2009. I left the home because of domestic violence. my husband was granted possession of the house until our equitable distribution was resolved. However, our case never went back to court for our divorce or equitable distribution. Now, since April 16, 2013, my husband has been in custody of US Marshall on drug charges and he will spend many many years in prison. What must i do now to finalize this case and get into the marital property as soon as possible? The marital property is solely in my husband's name.

Asked on 5/09/13, 8:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

If you don't have a family law attorney...get one now. If you have one, you need to have this conversation with him or her. Without all of the facts in your divorce and ED case there is no way to give a good answer to this.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/13, 10:04 am

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

I definitely agree! There is o question that you need an attorney ASAP. Your issues are far too complex for you to tackle alone or for us to even begin to address here.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/13, 2:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina