Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

I have never live with my husband we were married in a prison church he was released and didn't return. now back in prison for life what can I do

Asked on 12/31/13, 4:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Your question is a bit vague - I assume you mean what can you do in regard to divorce. If so, to be eligible to file for divorce in NC you need to meet two requirements: 1) be physically separated (not living together) for one year and at least one of you must have the intention not to resume the marital relationship AND 2) one of you must have resided NC for at least 6 months prior to filing for divorce. If you meet those two requirements you are entitled to a divorce as a matter of law. There are firms, including ours that can handle this process for you for a total flat rate fee of around $400 which would cover everything needed for a standard uncontested divorce.

Read more
Answered on 12/31/13, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina