Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

I live in North Carolina and recently had an affair that resulted in a pregnancy. My child will be born before my divorce is final. Will I be able to add the name of the child's biological father on the birth certificate?

Asked on 1/12/12, 3:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You should be able to give the child the biological fathers last name however he will not be placed on the birth certificate as the father. The birth certificate will either contain your current husbands name or it will be marked as 'refused'.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/12, 5:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina