Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

If someone got married out of the country to someone under the wrong name. And a few years later move into another country and they got married. Is that second marriage void ? Are good ?

Asked on 10/29/13, 11:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

You have not provided enough information to answer the question but basically, it would depend on two things: 1) whether or not the first marriage was valid even though a wrong name was used under the laws of that country /state and 2) the laws in the second country / state regarding the validity of a second marriage if already legally married prior.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/13, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina