Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Can a mother take her baby and move to another state because she is mad at the baby's father.

Asked on 4/13/14, 4:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Relatively speaking, its not really a good reason to move because it is totally selfish and deprives or at least reduces the amount of time the child can spend with the father. A rational adult should be able to set their own personal feelings aside and do what's best for the child. That said, unless there's a court order to the contrary, you can feel free to be a bad selfish parent and move because you are mad at the father. Of course, if you are mad at the child's father because the father is physically abusive or otherwise a danger to the child - that's a different story!

Read more
Answered on 4/14/14, 4:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina