Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Notification of non-custodial parent of out-of-state move

I have moved out of state for a better job. The father has no visitation rights and provides no support and has had little to no contact with the child. Do I have to notify him of my new address or even that I have moved?

Asked on 10/22/05, 10:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Re: Notification of non-custodial parent of out-of-state move

No, as long as there is no court order in place requiring you to do so. However, you might consider doing it anyway to give the father the option of creating a relationship with the child.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. My contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq

MacGregor Lyon, LLC

Promenade II

1230 Peachtree Street NE

Suite 1900

Atlanta Georgia 30309

Phone 404.942.3545

Fax 404.795.0993

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 10/24/05, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina