Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

I have a parent agreement that has me visiting my daughter on Wednesdays and Thursdays because when the parent agreement was written that’s what my days off were. Now my schedule is starting to change and it’s not consistent and the mother wants to keep me for my daughter I’m not sure what to do

Asked on 2/01/20, 12:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

When a car breaks down, smart people who aren't mechanics seek help from a mechanic. Likewise when you have a legal problem and you are not an attorney, smart people hire an attorney. If your parenting agreement was properly drafted and executed it will have a clause for just this type of problem. If the mother is unwilling to be reasonable, you will have to sue her and force her to comply (assuming of course, you wish to limit yourself to your legal options). Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/20, 4:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina