Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

social workers and child custody disutes

If a social worker enters a home to ensure a child's safety; can an individual living in the residence tape record the social worker without written permission. If so, is it admissible in court?

Asked on 3/29/09, 2:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Williams Rice Law, PLLC - Web Based & Downtown Office

Re: social workers and child custody disutes

In North Carolina, you may tape any conversation that you are a party to (that you participate in). You don't need the other party's permission.

BE CAREFUL about this on the phone because if the other party is in another state you could be breaking their law -- that is how Linda Tripp in the Monica Lewinski case got in trouble.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/09, 8:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina