Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My sons dad is taking me to court yet again for custody. He always does this when he doesnt get his way and im tired of it. He doesnt keep a stable job, does not stay in one place. And has no parenting skills what so ever. What can i do.

Asked on 5/14/20, 2:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

It sounds very much like you simply want to dictate how things will be and shut down his right to try for custody merely because you say he is unfit and find the process to be inconvenient for you. If so, that is just not how things work. As to what you can do - hire an attorney and if he has sought custody before and you have won - perhaps also try focusing more on being grateful that things are in your favor and less on whining about how you wish you had the power to control him.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/20, 3:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina