Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Can i sue my daughters dads girlfriend for financially supporting him so he can avoid work/child support?

Asked on 3/31/22, 10:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You can sue just about anyone for anything. Likely the real question you want answered is what are your odds of success. If so, the answer to that is - less than slim and none. There is nothing wrong with him legally structuring his finances including purposely not working and being supported by others such that he pays the least amount of child support possible. He just can't commit fraud to avoid child support.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/22, 3:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina