Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

unsure & threatened

My ex says I am a dad. The time line does not add up. Seperated over 9 mon. when born & baby was a premey. Im not sure if I am on birthcirtificate. Ex is threatning to try and take me & my wife to court for support. I am disabled & not working, trying to get disability. Can my ex take any of my wifes money or my disability check without proving I am the dad? Can she take money from my wife if I do not get disability? I can't afford to pay my bills let alone anything else. Please Help!

Asked on 10/06/05, 4:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Griffin The Law Office of James L. Griffin

Re: unsure & threatened

No, your X cannot force your wife to pay your child support. She can most likely have the state to test you. Support will be based on your income, including any disability you receive.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/05, 12:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina