Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Hi, I wanted to get clarity on whether there's anything I can do to get my child back as my wife has chosen to leave the country & return to Mexico (where she's from) w/ our unborn baby without my approval. She is not a U.S. Citizen yet. She was in this country through me & our marriage initially. She is refusing to tell me where she is currently and our child is due in February.

Asked on 1/12/22, 3:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

She doesn't need your approval to leave the country. And from your own description, nor did she take your child as there is no child. If the child is born in Mexico, you will have an incredibly difficult time if you limit yourself to your legal options.

Read more
Answered on 1/13/22, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina