Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

in 1998 me and another person broke in someone house and they came home while we were in their we just took their car .we didnt hurt nobody i was charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and since we held them against their will i was also charged with kiddnapping and two of the people in the house was a minor.i did 8 years in i got out i had to register as a sex offender for 10 years.i did about 5 already and to me im no sex offender.i never touch or had any sex with no child or underage person .i am now 32 and it hard for me to find places to stay because i cant be near schools or daycares.i want to get this oof of me .want can i do

Asked on 10/05/11, 6:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Kash Law Office of Gregory M. Kash

You need to get a criminal attorney, as this is a criminal question, not a civil question. There are mechanisms that may allow a criminal attorney to change your status as a registered sex offender, but this is outside a general civil litigator's knowledge. I suggest you contact a criminal attorney.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/11, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina