Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

Bad deb

I loaned a man I was dating some money so he could return home from a business trip. He promised to pay the money back when he returned to NC. He has failed to answer phone calls or emails. I live in SC and he lives in NC. I do have documentation shwoing where he promised ot pay the money back in full in the form of a conversation on instant message. What do I need to do to get back the money he borrowed including Western Union fees and any fees i accure legally?

Asked on 4/19/05, 9:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: Bad deb

You best consult with a NC attorney. Your question here was posted under SC. Without more information I cannot tell you whether you need to sue him in NC or SC. In any event, suing him sounds like you only option.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/05, 12:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina