Legal Question in Immigration Law in North Carolina

J-1 Visa!!!

I am a U.S. citizen and my fiance' is not, he is from Ukraine on a R J-1 visa that expired 02 of september 2007! I want to marry him because I love him so so sos so much! I can;t bare the thought of him going back home and not coming back because he overstayed!!!! What can we do to make him legal? and get married? Please help me, PLEASE!!! any help at all would be so wonderful!!!

Asked on 4/29/08, 2:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Re: J-1 Visa!!!

This depends on whether he is subject to the 2 year home residency requirement or not.

Assuming he is not, or can get a waiver if he is, you may marry him and apply for his lawful permanent residence.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/08, 3:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in North Carolina