Legal Question in Insurance Law in North Carolina

What is the safest way to protect my wife and I from any lawsuits that my 22 year old daughter could caose while driving. She is moving out today to live with her boyfriend and her car and the liability insurance are both in my name? Leonard

Asked on 1/14/13, 4:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Title the car in her name and make her pay for her own car insurance. If your name is on the car then you are ultimately going to be held responsible. Either that or make sure that you have a lot of liability insurance and an umbrella policy of $1 million or more to protect any assets that you have.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/13, 5:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in North Carolina