Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in North Carolina

I was at the doctor yesterday with my son and I was going to sit down in the chair and the chair broke and threw me in the hardwood floor, They did xrays and gave me two kinds of medicine, one for pain and one for inflammatory .Im just looking for a good lawyer to talk to about this

Asked on 2/04/16, 4:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Kash Law Office of Gregory M. Kash

You ought to talk to a lawyer, especially if you continue to have any problems. What you have is called a "premises liability" case. You injury occurred as a result of elements of the doctor's office premises. Premises liability cases are a specific type of negligence action, just like medical malpractice is a specific type of negligence action. This is not a medical malpractice action.

There is actually a "reported" case involving a chair that collapsed at a restaurant or bar, and the courts have indicated that circumstances such as that are sufficient to allege a claim of res ipsa loquitor, which is a legal doctrine that allows the fact finder to presume negligence, based solely on the facts, without requiring any specific showing of negligence. The value of your case will be directly related to the injuries you sustained, the amount of medical expense you incur, whether you have any economic losses (wage loss) and whether your injuries cause any permanent disability.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/16, 6:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in North Carolina