Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

I was assaulted about two months ago and i filed a police report, however i did not press charges. I want the person that assaulted me to pay for the medical bill. How do i go about this?

Asked on 7/12/12, 1:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Mills Burns Day and Presnell, P.A.

You have a right to pursue your medical bills, pain and suffering, and any lost wages you incurred, if the person was fully responsible for your injuries. Whether you can get an attorney to assist you in great depth will depend on the extent of your injuries, and the underlying circumstances that led to the assault. You should contact a personal injury attorney in your area to discuss. Almost all personal injury attorneys offer free initial consultations. Good luck. -Jay Mills

Read more
Answered on 7/12/12, 1:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina