Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

Infant burned

My 1yr old granddaughter was burned by the pipe in their bathroom when she tried to steady herself from falling. Taken to the emergency room and might have to follow-up with burn clinic. Housing development will not even respond to her mother's calls. We are afraid this might happen again if there are no precautions taken. Please help

Asked on 11/08/06, 10:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

Re: Infant burned

The housing development may have a duty to provide a unit which is fit and habitable, and relatively safe (from structural defects which can harm the residents and guests). We need to know more about the nature of this development; e.g. who actually owns the house and pipes. In general, it would seem that a hot pipe should not be exposed. The development should respond to written notification of the problem. If not, then their options are rather limited. The other option (which may get their attention also) would be to assert a claim against the development for the child's injuries. You, or your child, may want to contact an attorney in your area to discuss the facts in more detail, and to discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 11/08/06, 3:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina