Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

I have devoiced for a 1 1/2 years theres nothing my decree about the house. she has been gone since 2010 there's a second mortgage on the house that's she's never paid a dime on. Is she entitle to half of the proceeds? I tried to get it financed but she want sign the papers, what is my next step?

Asked on 7/31/13, 3:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You have to get her to sign the papers. Without her agreement or a Court order forcing her to do so(which it is most likely too late to get now) there is nothing you can do to deal with the property. You may want to negotiate a buy out with her. As of now, she is entitled to half of the proceeds unless there is a court order that gives her a different amount.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/13, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina