Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

My grandmother passed about 20 years ago and I have been living in her home for about 18 years, the taxes have my name on them and I have been maintaining the home. So, how do I get the deed changed in my name?

Asked on 8/25/13, 7:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You have to probate her estate. A deed cannot be done as your grandmother is not here to sign it. The only way to get title is through probate.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/13, 7:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina