Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

My husband leaves me out of his will and has died, the son is trying to sell his house and I am asked to sign a general warranty deed and owner affidavit & indemnity agreement. Am I part owner< married 26 years, son was named in will

Asked on 10/23/13, 2:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You need to see a probate/estates attorney. Spouses have certain rights in NC...they cannot be truly "written out of the will." Get help in determining what your options are.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina