Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

my mother recently passed away, and she I need to know how to transfer the name on the deed to mine.

Asked on 6/30/10, 12:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Get a probate lawyer. Is the land located in NC? You will need to redo the the deed, but first you will have to resolve any claims against your mother's estate. The land cannot be sold less than 2 years after your mother's death unless the personal representative of your mother's estate joins in the proceeding. So I would probate her estate and then get the lawyer to draft a new deed conveying the land from your mother's estate to you if you are the beneficiary named in the will.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/10, 2:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina