Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

I purchased 23 acre tract of property in stanly county nc. the selling broker/owner and me walked over what he said was the property lines. i have since found out by adjoining owner i am over my property lines with some deer stands we placed on property. do i have any recourse on this matter. i dont remember receiving a plot on this property. thanks rc

Asked on 1/29/13, 5:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You may have need to speak to a real property attorney in your area. The problem is that every deed has a "metes and bounds" descripton of the property. You were on "record" notice of the actual bounds of the property and could have hired a surveyor to confirm the property lines. You need to consult an attorney versed in real property law.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/13, 5:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina