Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

Tenant rights

I've been living in the same apartment comlex

for 3 years now due to location of job and school.

The food disposal in sink doesn't work properly,

and the humidifiers in both bathrooms don't work.

They've been notified on both problems and the

maintenance mgrs reply,for the humidifiers,"

filters can't be replaced because the company

that makes them is no longer in operation".

maintenance mgrs reply,for the food disposal when

it gets back up,"Just don't put carrot and potatoe

peels in there". None of this was ever revealed to

me 3 years ago and of course they raised the rent each year. Is there anything legally I can do to

resolve there wrongdoing. I am a tenant in good standing.

Asked on 9/10/99, 6:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hugh Wood Wood & Meredith

Re: Tenant rights

These transgressions are rather minor. You may want to consider moving to a new complex.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/99, 5:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina