Legal Question in Social Security Law in North Carolina

I am a payee for my husband whorecieves ssi benefits everything was going good until now he is supposed to recieve his last back payment thhe first of may well when i called to see when it would be deposited into his account they said he had a overpayment because they added a year that was supposed to be taken out because he was incarcerated that year so they said before they can release any more back pay they had to take out 7000 dollaers okay thars fine now every since then i cannot get a straight answer fr them on how much is left or when is it coming or the guy that they said that does it was out on vacation now hes been back for like 2 wks now and i cant get in touch with him or hes out to lunch or hes not in i even went down to the office and he sent someone out to tell us hes working on it it should be done by the end of the week and we should recieve it 3 to 5 days after that well its been that long and nothings change and i just called him yesterday to see what happened and someone said they will call back what do i do to get answers and how can i find out whats going on with my husbands backpay? thank you

Asked on 4/21/10, 5:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Camak Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

You can try calling your local US representatives for help, or US senators. It helps if you are a registered voter.

You can also try calling the payment center direct, in addition to the local SSA office.

It is hard for all of us to get answers and time-deadlines from the SSA. Stay persistent!!!

Good luck!

S. Neal Camak

Lennon & Camak, PLLC

Raleigh, NC

Read more
Answered on 4/26/10, 8:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in North Carolina