Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

I recieved a 35 in a 25 citation in a neighborhood in Pitt County NC. I have the option to pay online, but I understand that I will waive my rights. If it is 10 and under should I go speak with the DA to get it reduced or pay it off? I dont want it to affect my insurance rate.

Asked on 8/20/13, 2:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

If the DA in Pitt county allows it, a reduction to Improper Equipment is the best way to resolve this ticket. However, if you have no other moving violations in the last 3 years, you can pay this off and it should not affect your insurance. But it may still put points on your license - so if you need a clean driving record for employment or some other reason, paying it off or reducing to lesser speed are not the best options for you. To be on the safe side, you should hire an attorney to handle this matter for you. If you muck this up you have nothing to fall back on and fixing a mucked up ticket costs twice as much at least. An attorney on the other hand will most likely get it right the first time and if not at least you have something to fall back on.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 6:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina