Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

I have been training to drive commercial vehicles. I have a cdl permit. One day last month, I took off from stop sign spinning tires unintentionally however a cop just happen to be patrolling and pulled me over for reckless driving. I understand with a cdl charges are handled differently. Is it the same if you only have the cdl permit? What could I ask the DA for in defense of myself so that I may not incur any points or insurance points? I can not afford a lawyer nor higher insurance. Thank you!

Asked on 5/09/13, 6:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You need to speak to an attorney...I know you said you can't afford one, but many traffic attorneys can handle cases cheaply. Your CDL permit is in danger and if you get an infraction that risks your CDL, you may never be allowed to get one or be restricted from getting it for a great deal of time. At least speak to an attorney before you write it off that you can't afford one.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/13, 10:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina