Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

Was turning right crossed the center line hit the drivers back door, it was not to much damage to their car and my ins. company has paid to fix it Should I ask for it to be dismissed or a PFJ?

Asked on 9/28/20, 12:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

You should hire a traffic attorney to handle it for you so you don't have to bother with it. Our firm charges $95 for these types of tickets - so shop around. If you have a letter from your insurance company stating all claims have been paid, yes - very often the ADA will consider dismissing the ticket. You should not waste a PJC which stands for Prayer for Judgment Continued (it is not called a PFJ) on a minor traffic ticket. Also, you should not attempt to request a PJC yourself. The PJC is not something you are 'entitled to and is at a Judge's discretion and each individual Judge has their own standards and requirements for granting the request. If you don't know the Judge and what that particular Judge wants - you could be wasting your time at best and screw things up at worse. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/28/20, 12:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina