Legal Question in Veterans Law in North Carolina

My husband was recently in some civilian trouble that led to his separation from the military with an OTH. However before all the trouble he had completed his med board and was due severance pay, education benefits, and va benefits. Now that he is out he gets nothing and the separation was for misconduct in which he has never been in trouble prior to this incident. They are trying to say that his medical situation did not lead to up to his civilian incident however I don't believe it because his doctors were prescribing him narcotics. We have all his medical records that documented his medication intake and behavior.He is already in trouble with the civilian courts and now he was chaptered for the same reason. He also suffers from PTSD and recently tried to commit sucide in our home. The Army does not want to be responsible for why he is like this. What can we do?

Asked on 9/30/11, 12:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jill Mitchell-Thein Heard & Smith, LLP

You need an attorney who handles military law. E-mail me directly at [email protected] and I can give you a couple of names. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/11, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in North Carolina