Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in North Carolina

I have no relatives nor friends that can serve as an executor of my Will. Where can I locate a professional executor?

Asked on 8/17/16, 8:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

There is not one. There is a public administrator. Some lawyers will agree to do it. I don't buy this frankly that you have no one. You must have someone out there who can administer the estate! And even if you name them, that does not mean that they have to serve. If they are unable or unwilling, at that point a public administrator can be appointed if there absolutely is no one. Either that or else plan on dying broke with no assets. Then you will not have to worry about it.

Read more
Answered on 8/17/16, 12:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in North Carolina