Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in North Carolina

My uncle who lived in NC recently passed and left his estate to my father who lives in SC. What will my dad need to do to get a vehicle that is registered in NC registered in SC in his name?

Asked on 4/11/13, 6:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

An estate for your uncle needs to be probated. The personal representative cannot transfer anything just yet. The personal representative needs to find out what your uncle owed and what he owned, pay the just debts of your uncle's estate and then distribute the assets to the beneficiaries. The representative would have to sign the title over to your father and he would then have to register and title it in SC.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/13, 12:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in North Carolina