Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in North Carolina

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible for non-us citizens who are in American on a Visa is to be a guardian of a child whose parents are overseas. How do they sign up to be a guardian and what are the forms? There is little to nothing on this matter on the internet. We are in the state of North Carolina.

Asked on 3/08/13, 10:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Guardians are usually for children whose parents are deceased. What you are talking about is custody.

Why don't the parents enter into a custody agreement with you?

Schools may want a guardianship. Speak to a family law attorney about this.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/13, 12:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in North Carolina