Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

What kind of settlement should I receive through workers comp for hurting my wrist badly at work. I've already had 1 surgery, Dr stated before surgery this was the only way to correct the problem to keep it from comimg back. I had the surgery on November 28th, now the huge knot is back on my wrist bigger and more painful than before. Now he's sending me to a hand specialist for more surgery. I have been in excruciating pain through this process which 1st occured on October 11, 2016. What is a ball park range for what I should start demanding. I know I will have to return to college because all I've ever done was hard labor work in which you definetly need to hands. At this time I still can't hardly put my bra on, let alone carry a drink or anything else with my left hand. Please help

Sincerely, Kay Helmick

Asked on 2/03/17, 8:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Lennon Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

Kay -

There are too many variables to give you an answer at this time. Once you reach maximum medical improvement, you will have the right to elect the more favorable remedy, total disability if there is no job you can do, a wage loss claim if you return to work at reduced wages or a permanent partial disability rating. Go to the NC Industrial Commission web site for more information. Call the Commission at 919-807-2501 to get copies of the documents on file and be sure to file Form 18 to preserve your claim. I recommend you get a board certified specialist attorney ASAP. Good luck, George

Read more
Answered on 2/04/17, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina