Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

Work injury

I hurt my leg on the job 10 days ago and thought it would get better through rest and home medication. It hasn't got any better and now I think I need to go to the doctor---is it too late?

Asked on 6/18/08, 6:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Camak Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

Re: Work injury

No, but you need to report it in writing to your employer ASAP...certainly within 30 days of injury. Tell them you thought it would get better, but it has not and you need to go to a doctor. They should send you to a physician and file a Form 19 with the NC Industrial Commission. You should file a Form 18 with the NC Industrial Commission. You can link to Industrial Commission website for forms and a Bulletin through our website at Good luck!

S. Neal Camak

Lennon & Camak, PLLC

Raleigh, NC

Board Certified Specialist in NC Workers' Compensation Law

Read more
Answered on 6/18/08, 6:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina