Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

workman comp

what Am I entitled to for a workman comp claim? I know medical costs, but out pocket costs for transportation, personal care items to compenstate for the fact I couldn't bath. What about if i will still have my job when I return to work?

Asked on 7/25/08, 10:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Camak Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

Re: workman comp

Workers' compensation is primarily a wage replacement system with medical benefits for the injury sustained. You can likely get reimbursed from the carrier for the supplies you mentioned upon proof of cost by receipt and gas mileage for transportation to medical appointments. You need to submit to the carrier on NCIC Forms 25P and 25T. You can get these forms from the website of the NC Industrial Commission (where you need to file a claim within two years of your injury anyway with a Form 18). You also need to read the Industrial Commission Bulletin for more information and/or call an experienced attorney. You can link to the NCIC website from our links page at Good luck!

S. Neal Camak

Lennon & Camak, PLLC

Raleigh, NC

Read more
Answered on 7/28/08, 1:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina