Legal Question in Business Law in Ohio


How do I copyright photos I take and sell as framed prints and postcards?

Asked on 5/12/08, 8:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Dismuke Daniel K. Dismuke, Attorney at Law

Re: Copyright

An original work is copyrighted at its creation in a fixed form, meaning when you first create the photo. However, in order to be easy to enforce your copyright and for additional protection it is necessary to register at the U.S. Copyright Office. The U.S. Copyright Office provides a lot of information and forms for a basic copyright registration at

Read more
Answered on 5/14/08, 4:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Ohio