Legal Question in Immigration Law in Ohio

I am married to a Non USA Citzen. He Flew into the USA to Fly out again to meet his Ship. He has a C1D visa that Expired 7 yrs ago. What are our options ?

Asked on 1/14/13, 6:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

I'd like to see the stamps in his passport before I'd give you clear direction. There are issues with both the type of visa used and the time here in the U.S. (and whether or not there was unlawful presence and there is now a bar to return). Feel free to reach out to our office. After review of the documents, a path to reuniting you two with him having proper status can be determined.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/13, 3:58 am

Michael Brandabur Brandabur Law, LLC

There are potentially several options, but frankly to get a good answer I would strongly suggest you sit down with an experienced immigration attorney, bring in his documents, such as his passport (or a copy of it) so that the attorney can review his entry/departure records, etc. You would need to be able to provide information about him, to include any involvement with police or immigration, what country he is from, at what age did he enter the US, what is his age now, is he in the US now or out of the country? He may have to go through Visa Processing to include the filing of a 601 waiver. I'm located in the Cincinnati area and would be happy to discuss this in person.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/13, 5:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Ohio