Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

Problem with felony

I had a oroblem with shoplifting and it was because I was depressed. I have now been on medication for many years, have gone to school and became an RN and now when I have the possibility of a grat job it is coming up because of the fact that I will be working with the elderly. Is there any way to get these sealed after 16 years? The state of Ohio nursing board (I told them before I tested) and they still allowed me to test t become an RN

Asked on 5/20/08, 6:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Dismuke Daniel K. Dismuke, Attorney at Law

Re: Problem with felony

This may be possible depending on whether you have any other criminal history. I image you don't have any other history if the nursing board licensed you. The court that sentenced you may have a form that you can use and you will have to pay a filing fee, do an interview with the probation department and go to court. It usually goes smoother if you hire an attorney and they can discuss more specifics with you.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/08, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio