Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

I am being sued by my contractor for breech of contract and failure to pay he feels the work is complete I have had two separate stimates. his workmanship is below par I do have photos of his work, I have sent a dispute letter back to his attorney and the court and offered him the difference of what it will cost me to have the work finished and some needs redone he had cussed me out numerous times, at this time i feel i am in need of legal representation but do not know which type of lawyer to look for and feel i should be able to counter sue for legal fee's what would something like this cost me up front and ??

Asked on 4/04/13, 4:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

You need an attorney with experience in Consumer Law, particularly the Consumer Sales Practices Act. A CSPA violation allows the party being harmed to recover legal fees. An attorney will likely ask you for a retainer which will cover several hours of their time. The total retainer amount will vary depending on the amount of the attorney's hourly legal fee.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/13, 6:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio