Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Ohio

I can't afford to pay for my bankruptcy, i have cash advance places taking money from my bank account so I have no idea what to do!? Any advice or info is appreciated!!

Asked on 7/22/13, 9:45 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Daniel Gurtner Aucoin & Younkin, LLC

You can always file a petition on your own, or you can try to get assistance through your local Legal Aid Society. Remember, bankruptcy filing brings into effect the automatic stay when the case is filed, so for you, the sooner the better.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 9:54 am

David Michael Benson Benson Law Firm

You can contact your local bar association and ask if any bankruptcy attorneys have offered to do pro bono (free) legal work.


Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 8:36 am
Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

If you really can't afford to pay, don't own real estate or valuable motor vehicles, You can fill out the forms yourself, and the trustee in your case will most likely be sympathetic if you do a careful job.

However, If what you really mean is that you would prefer not to pay a lawyer, you could run into troubles.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/13, 9:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Ohio